Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'M RUNNING AROUND SCREAMING

...in my head. In reality I'm just sitting here grinning the biggest grin I can grin. Earlier today I wrote about the Veronica Mars movie kickstarter that had just started. Less than 24 hours later THE GOAL OF 2 MILLION DOLLARS HAS BEEN REACHED. It's apparently a kickstarter record, raising 1 million in the first four hours of opening, but while this whole thing is extremely exciting, it's not exactly surprising. Veronica Mars has dedicated fans. These are the people who protested the cancellation by sending thousands of mars bars to the Warner Bros office, and an airplane into the sky, and that was before the time of social media. Though not everyone who donated was a dedicated fan, one man paid $10,000 for a speaking role, and then said he's not even a big fan of the show. I think the thing that clinched it was Logan's smolder in the video. It's a great smolder.

Honestly, this is one of the greatest things I've ever watched happen. It's an amazing show, with an amazing cast, that's just really...amazing. It totally deserves the proper send-off the movie is going to provide.

Seriously. You should go watch it. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment