Saturday, March 30, 2013

IT IS NOT A SNOGBOX

Hello readers! Tuesday is the last episode for the fourth season of Justified, but fret not. There's always another show to talk about. And starting today, that show is Doctor Who.

The second half of series seven started today. New companion, new TARDIS interior, new suit for the Doctor. I highly recommend that you watch this show (from the beginning obviously) if you haven't already. It's on Netflix, it's amazing, annnnnd it's sort of hard to explain. But I'll try to give a brief synopsis.

The Doctor is an alien. He flies around in his time-traveling spaceship call the TARDIS (time and relative dimension in space) that's bigger on the inside. He travels with a companion, or two depending on what series you watch. He has adventures. He saves worlds. He loves humanity. I think that's brief enough. If you haven't watched the new episode or started the series but have plans to. Stop reading. Spoilers are next.

So onto the new start. I've been excited about the new companion, even though I loved the Ponds with all my heart. Clara Oswin Oswald is the newest guest on the TARDIS. And she is shrouded in mystery. Based on the fact that she has died twice. In different time periods. And is somehow still alive in modern day London. It's all very complicated. I've been falling in love with her since the Christmas special, when instead of the usual reaction to the TARDIS she said, "It's smaller on the outside." So sassy. I have high hopes for series 7. But I never judge any show based on the first episode. In this week's we were introduced to "The Great Intelligence", no doubt the super villain for the series. And the Doctor saved a bunch of people from being downloaded. Although I do have a question. When their souls were re-uploaded into their dead bodies...wouldn't some of them have been in coffins? Or brain dead? Far be it from me to question plot holes though. Onto the next!

P.S.- Doctor Who is on BBCA Saturdays at 9. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment